It’s Tuesday and I can’t wait…

by Kate on May 26, 2009

I’m the sort of girl that is always looking forward to something, so when I saw this post by Buttons by LouLou I knew that I would have to join in.

It’s Tuesday and I can’t wait for…my Mum’s Biggest Morning Tea, which is actually being held this Saturday afternoon so I guess it’s Mum’s biggest afternoon tea. Hmmm…Nan is baking all sorts of goodies, Mum is concocting all her delicious savoury dishes and the bubbles will be flowing. All in the name of charity – perfect.

I thought I would contribte to Mum’s lucky door prize and whipped up some of Kristen Doran’s pouches (pattern found in Meet Me at Mike’s craft book), I am going to fill them with some yummy fragrant soap’s.

These little babies are SO quick to whip up and I had lots of fun playing around with fabric choices. I ended up going with some Heather Bailey, Amy Butler, Aunty Cookie and linen.

I also wanted to do something nice for my nan, using Kristen’s fabric and embroidery pattern I put together a little cushion. Another satisfying, quickish project finished.

And just in case you are wondering, I haven’t forgotten about quilting…oh no…just contemplating my next project and finishing off some others.

1 Mel May 26, 2009 at 8:27 pm

gosh my lady you have been b-u-s-y! Everything looks super stunning too (of course). Can I ask where you got the linen from? I have been after something similar … Have fun on Saturday afternoon!

2 sweet emmelie May 26, 2009 at 8:34 pm

that cushion is beautiful, I love that colour blue. I like your fabric and colour choices for the bags too. I think every one will be chuffed especially nan!!

3 RED PEPPER QUILTS May 26, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Oh my! You are so talented. You have been busy! What gorgeous creations. I hope your afternoon tea is a great success!

Rita

4 Katy May 26, 2009 at 9:48 pm

oooh, what great things!!!

5 Bianca Jae Makes Stuff May 26, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I love love love the cushion!! So clever, great choices, I’m sure you Nan will love it! Little bags look great too, enjoy your Biggest morning tea, hope you raise lots of cash xox

6 Aimee May 26, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Very cute bags, and I love the pillow. You had a productive weekend!

7 Blueberry Park May 26, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Those pouches are gorgeous – I so have to get my hands on a copy of that book. Cushion is stunning too

8 comfortstitching May 27, 2009 at 3:40 am

I’m finding it’s nice to spend a little time whipping up quick little projects in between those quilting marathons that always take an age to complete. Isn’t a quick finish such a rewarding feeling??
Aaaaaahhhhhhh! now where’s the batting!!

9 Tania May 27, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Have you discovered the secret to the 27 hour day or something (because I want in)? lovely stuff indeedy.

(ps. Your comment finally made me understand just why I was feeling so uncomfortably weirdy about the belly buttons! Hilarious!)

10 Bec May 27, 2009 at 6:00 pm

What a great idea for door prizes – they look fantastic!!! And the cushion is just gorgeous! Hope you have a fabulous time on the weekend :)

11 Hazel May 27, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Love the little bags and the pillow is beautiful. I love the subtle powder blues! You know you offered to send over a copy of that gorgeous ‘family treasures’ quilt in Woman’s Weekly. Well I can I take you up on that? We do have it here in NZ, but I think I’ve missed that particular issue. Are you still able to do this? No worries if you can’t!

12 Kate May 27, 2009 at 10:04 pm

It is all great – love the little pouches!

13 nicolette May 28, 2009 at 6:42 am

The cushion is adorable! I love to make little projects in between ‘all’ the quilting!

14 m.e (Cathie) May 28, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I noticed you are doing “tuesdays” and thought I’d pop in to say hi.
love the cute bags!

15 gret May 28, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful. Especially love the pillow. And is that your embroidery from the Finders Keepers? It would look lovely in my living room as i’m working on a new blue theme…( have been working on that for about 6 months now and broke my no.1 rule of 1 project at a time!) Anyhow, very nice indeed.

16 Annie May 28, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Love the pouches and the cushion, in fact anything KD does it for me – lovely

17 gret May 29, 2009 at 10:04 am

I’d love to go to the craft fair, but will be in Canberra that weekend. If you are going, enjoy! I can’t wait til the stitches and craft show in August.

18 Sandrine May 29, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Love what you did and combination line and beautiful fabrics!Nice to read your blog and play the game next tuesday ;)
Sandrine

19 Maree: May 29, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Love all Your little Bags & a lovely cushion for Nan…Hope Your Afternoon is a Great Success…
cheers

20 m.e (Cathie) May 29, 2009 at 7:43 pm

hope you have fun tomorrow at your mum’s Biggest Morning Tea!

21 Christina May 29, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Ohhh, love the linen bags! They look so beautiful. Your cushion is super sweet too. Have a great time at the morning tea!

22 Samantha Jane May 29, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I love the bags, and the cushion for Nan. The embroidery is lovely, I would love to try embroidery one day. I hope you have a wonderful afternoon tomorrow.

I enjoy your blog, and thank you for reading mine, I wasn’t sure if anyone would!

23 REread May 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm

cute pillow …

24 Kristen Doran June 8, 2009 at 4:02 pm

I'm sooo slow to comment on this one – I love it. Love the combo you have done on the cushion, beautiful. And your little pouches make me happy to see someone has used the pattern! Thanks.