The Big Apple Wrap Up

by Kate on August 3, 2010

I  thought I would list on one post my ‘must-do’s’ when in the City that NEVER sleeps. Thank you to everyone who sent me tips on their favourite places.

Shopping
Anthropologie – exquisite clothes and fantastic homewares
ABC Carpet & Home – Gorgeous homewares
Fishs Eddy – The BEST range of flatware
Uniqlo – Great jeans and cashmere at very, very reasonable prices
Alexis Bittar – Exquisite jewellery and just a few doors down from Purl
Purl Soho – Great for yarn
MoMA Design Store – Great place for unique gifts
Viaa Spiga – Shoe store just around the corner from Purl
Mood Fabrics - Fashion fabrics galore
M&J Trimmings – If you need any sort of trim, M&J is your store
Saks Fith Ave – How the other half shop

Eating
Dean & Deluca – Great for lunch
Hampton Chutney - Great for lunch and just around the corner from Dean & Deluca
Tamarind – Yummy India
Del Friscos – Yummy steak and the sides were delicious but HUGE
La Esquina – Great spot for dinner and don’t leave without trying a magarita
The Spotted Pig – Gastropub inthe West Village
Kenmare – Good food, great drinks and you can play spot the celebrity
My advice would be to pre-book dinner spots at Open Table

Visit
MoMA
See Central Park
Top of the Rock has fantastic views of the City
Walk, walk and walk…it really is the best way to experience New York.
Times Square – jam packed at ANY time of the day or night

1 Northern Girl Knits August 3, 2010 at 6:33 am

I love NYC. I feel so lucky to live only 2 hours by train…

2 twoforjoy design August 3, 2010 at 6:35 am

Looks like you had an amazing time… I want to go more than ever now. Might be time to start trying to persuade my hubby!

3 Tania August 3, 2010 at 9:31 am

This'll be my go-to post when next a NYC visit appears on the cards. I may go blue from the breath bating but it's something to CLING to! (And even though NY has been promised as part of the long-awaited future Grand Family Tour, something tells me that list of yours is best done in full footloose and fancy free style!).

Fabulous NY pics by the way, lovey.

4 Mel August 3, 2010 at 10:26 am

You just KNOW I'll be printing this list off ;) So glad your trip was an awesome success and that you are back safe and sound!

5 Andi August 3, 2010 at 11:23 am

Dreaming of the day I can go to all these wonderful places!!

6 Dandelion Wishes August 3, 2010 at 2:51 pm

What a great list! Similar it to one I did for Paris and Vietnam! Must keep this stored away for future reference. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

7 Louise August 3, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Wonderful!! I'll start saving now… Hey do you still fancy coming over on Thursday morning??

8 nanette August 4, 2010 at 10:50 am

I've loved all the New York posts, nothing like living vicariously through the adventures of others! x

9 Michelle August 4, 2010 at 2:53 pm

wow! What an amazing list…. I simply have to plan a weekend away in Melbourne soon – so many fantastic things to do and places to visit!

10 Adele August 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Ah, fantastic links! I shall add to my research for my NYC trip in October. Thanks for posting!