Making..

by Kate on November 15, 2010

Last year, Mel sent me some beautiful Christmas prints that she bought whilst travelling in Germany.

These prints, teemed with a cheater panel from the Cookster and some red scraps have created some simple cards.

I love Christmas and will more than likely pop the tree up this week…early I know but it really is my favourite time of year.

1 Kirsty November 15, 2010 at 9:08 am

They look terrific.

Tree(s) up on the first of December at ours.

2 plushka November 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

Love your Christmas cards! I love this time of year too and I cannot wait to give all the presents to my friend, spend some time with family and just be merry:)

3 m.e (Cathie) November 15, 2010 at 9:27 am

absolutely beautiful!
I love making cards too, yours just scream, Christmas.
we get a real tree so won't put it up until mid December.
enjoy decorating ♥

4 Sewing Daisies November 15, 2010 at 9:30 am

You really can't beat the colour red – your cards looks fantastic!

xxh

5 Bellgirl November 15, 2010 at 9:35 am

Squeeeee! I love Christmas too, even though I live with the Grinch.

6 Christina November 15, 2010 at 9:40 am

Those cards are lovely indeed. Great fabrics and colours.

Cohen has finished drawing our Christmas cards, and they are all written out and ready to post once we add the traditional photo of the toddler crying with Santa. I shouldn't say that, should I? But he cried last year and I have been warned that he will cry again this year.

Our tree will go up on the 1st as well, but I'm sure it will need to go up a few more times over the month as Cohen likes to dismantle things.

7 Christie November 15, 2010 at 9:47 am

love the cards & i love christmass too- can't wait to see your tree!

8 Mel November 15, 2010 at 11:19 am

I had the funniest moment looking at the "merry christmas" print thinking, "why does that look familiar"! My bit must be shoved down the bottom of one of the boxes of fabric. And I am super impressed by how organised you are! I'm feeling a panic year coming on again …

9 Andi November 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

They look great!!

10 elizabeth November 15, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Oh I'm so glad to hear of your tree enthusiasm – I may or may not have been having trouble sleeping because of thoughts of decorating the house and tree. Your cards are beautiful!

11 izzy inspired November 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays also, although we never manage to get the tree up until halfway through December….I blame it on football playoffs.

I love your cards, they are the perfect blend of creativity and contemporary design.

12 gret November 15, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Lovely!

ps. I was in your neck of the woods yesterday, loved it.

13 Northern Girl Knits November 15, 2010 at 11:38 pm

I love those! There are so many crafty things you can do with those prints.

14 Lauren @ Craft My Life Away November 16, 2010 at 4:32 am

The cards are fantastic! I love card making and they inspire me to get back into it.

15 A.S.K.-P. November 16, 2010 at 10:58 am