Ribbet, Ribbet…

by Kate on November 11, 2010

Kermit has been finished and I have to say, it is my least favourite quilt and it’s all down to the greenness.

Quilt in motion #4

gif animation creator

I’m actually not sure what I was thinking when I started making this quilt. Why did I feel the need to include every shade of green known to mankind? I’m still trying to figure it out.

Not that it really matters. Nan will still be getting it for Christmas and even if she thinks it is a little too green, she’ll smile and love it because I made it for her.

Quilted by Karen and you can find construction details for Kermit here.

For more creative spaces head over to Koo’s.

1 Tania November 11, 2010 at 9:03 am

Just stop looking at it for a tick. Wrap it up and don't even think about it. Come Christmas day and its unveiling in all its green glory, you might just surprise yourself with some perspective(?) (Ha! Like I can talk!).

Either that, or you could start up a Green Quilt Support Group with Clutterpunk Gina.

2 Kirsty November 11, 2010 at 9:04 am

I love the green waterfall…exactly because you made it. x

3 Lorraine November 11, 2010 at 9:11 am

I think the neutral centres save this quilt from green overkill , I love it .
I do know how you feel though, I had the same feelings about a green pillow which was meant as a gift & is still staring at me from the sewing room couch.

4 Christina November 11, 2010 at 9:15 am

I think all the greens work so well together and I really love the choice of quilting. I'm sure Nan will love it for it's greenness and your making it.

5 Blueberry Park November 11, 2010 at 9:15 am

am i allowed to say when you first started it I wasn't sure? But now, seeing all those stunning shades and that quilting bringing it to beautiful life…LOVE IT! and your nan will too…and not just because you made it x

6 Jenni November 11, 2010 at 9:16 am

I like it, really I do. I think it's perfect, but I love the color green so maybe I'm partial. lol

7 Catherine Hansen Peart November 11, 2010 at 9:39 am

I have to say I think it looks great.

8 Colleen November 11, 2010 at 9:44 am

It must be familiarity breeds contempt because… THIS IS GEORGEOUS! I love it!

9 Michelle November 11, 2010 at 10:04 am

I think the greens work well together. The quilting you have used is beautiful.

10 Kate November 11, 2010 at 10:09 am

There's something in the air!
I am all about the greens right now too.
And I love the Kermit quilt! I think you will too after a little space from it. Love the quilt in motion! X

11 Beth Gracie November 11, 2010 at 10:17 am

oh the quilting is LOVELY! you must just be tired of looking at it. put it away and i'm sure you'll love it when you get it back out!

12 Kelly from Polkadot Lane November 11, 2010 at 10:17 am

I think it is beautifully made, and the shades of green work well. Your quilting stitch is just stunning. What a fabulous job you've done!

13 Jan November 11, 2010 at 10:51 am

I love your Kermit quilt! But, I'm a "green" person, it's my favorite color.

14 Heather November 11, 2010 at 10:59 am

i don't know what's funnier… the way you described your dislike for this quilt… or the fact i happen to love it!

xo

15 My Sweet Prairie November 11, 2010 at 11:29 am

Oh! That's almost how I quilted my in-the-meadow quilt, onlky yours is more flowery. Pretty pretty! LOVE you pics so much!! : )
~Monika
in Canada

16 Carolyn November 11, 2010 at 11:44 am

Green is one of my favourite colours so I love the quilt! It's just gorgeous.

17 Jodie November 11, 2010 at 11:54 am

I think the greens are lovely! And the quilting is AMAZING! Definitely gives me something to aspire to.

18 Miss Milla's November 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I think the finished product looks great. Green is either your colour or not!! A bit like orange, not everyone loves that either.

19 Amanda November 11, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Only a pro could make this looks so fantastic..Great job and I love the photos :)

20 Lisa November 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm

hey, hey, hey! you are supposed to be "green" these days. I love the quilting. And you are right, anything you make will be loved. period.

21 Andi November 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Next …. Miss Piggy PINK!!!!!

22 Mel November 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm

But actually I don't see a sea of green because there are those really really dark greens and then really really light ones – it all contrasts really well I think. And of course karen has come up with the goods (again) on the quilting. Genius! Nan will love it and not just cos you made it!

23 Sooz November 11, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Know that this is a beautiful quilt artfully done by you and Karen and will be well-loved. There is no other like it in the world.
Best,
Susan

24 Wendy November 12, 2010 at 2:29 am

least favourite? too green? No way, it's beautiful! The quilting is fabulous and I LOVE the colours.

25 izzy inspired November 12, 2010 at 5:11 am

I have loved this quilt from the first time I laid eyes on it! My middle son has loved the color green ever since he was a baby (every shade of green) and he also has a bit of the OCD bug…. so every time I see this quilt, it reminds me of him. it not only has every shade of green, but the clean cut look of it lends to the OCD personality. I think it fabulous and your Nan will LOVE it, I am sure!!

26 Sara November 13, 2010 at 8:46 am

The quilting looks like lily pads and I think this ties it altogether very nicely. Maybe you just need a "green" break for awhile!

27 ana @ i made it so November 13, 2010 at 9:12 am

i think it's beautiful. but i can understand if green is not your thing. green and orange for me please! lovely.

28 Kelly November 14, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Oh I like the green, and the quilting is amazing! -kb

29 Oleander November 15, 2010 at 2:09 am

I just found your blog and thank goodness! You do a beautiful job!

30 karlyn Jackson November 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I love the little white centres and the flower quilting in each. I'm sure your Gran will love it.

31 Conny's Cottage November 23, 2010 at 6:20 am