These guys are definitely a Christmas tradition in my family.
My Nan bakes up a batch every year and gives a jar to each grandchild, she even posted them to me when I lived in London.
This Christmas, I am baking up a batch for some special people in my life and thought I would share the biscuit love with you guys.
To make my Nan’s ‘many biscuits’ you will need:
500g butter – softened
1/4 cup condensed milk
4 teaspoons of baking powder
Splash of vanilla essence
1.5 cups caster sugar
4 cups of plain flour
Makes roughly 4 – 5 dozen biscuits
Chopped glace cherries
chopped uncrystallised ginger
(Note: all measurements are in metric)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
- Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and condensed milk
- Gradually blend in flour and baking powder
- Once all ingredients are combined, roll teaspoon shape balls and place onto a baking tray
- Flatten a little with a fork and add your desired toppings*
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes until nice and golden
I hope you enjoy them as much as us!
*My Nan usually splits the biscuit batter into 4 equal parts and mixes choc chips into one, chopped. nuts into the other then balls and tops the other two parts with the cherries and ginger. I just rolled and topped.