Holiday Hanger Fun

by Kate on April 12, 2011

Last week, Kirst started the ‘hanger challenge’.

If you follow things over at Kootoyoo, you may have come to the realisation that Kirsty never does anything in halves and the hanger challenge is no exception. Prepare yourself to be dazzled by some creative and inspiring wire hangers.

I would like to say I have covered a gazillion hangers but the reality is only one wire jobby has been covered. That’s ok though, it’s now a hanger that will actually ‘hang’ a garment properly.

Hanger Challenge

Day 2 of the school holidays and I’m thinking that covering hangers could be quite the activity for the biggest.

1 Colleen April 12, 2011 at 11:59 am

My great aunt wrapped hangers, but she just did around the outside. with a special wrap. Every year we got hangersfor Christmas. They are the best for handin g close on. When we were cleaning out their house(3 old unmarried aunts) I got their sewing thinkg and found the hand written directions. BTW she covered only plastic ones. y mom likes to do it now. Good luck!

2 Kate April 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I love that one!
I think it might just give the clothes a bit more grip to hang on to too.
Happy holidays.

3 Andi April 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Let the sweat shop begin!!!

4 Mel April 12, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Nice one! Yes must get girl child on to a few more. I’m thinking it could be a good car activity for when we head of on hols next week.

5 Caroline April 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Oooohh *regrets taking huge bag of wire hangers to charity shop*. And the added bonus is you can wrap them in front of the telly too! Love the woolly one!

6 catherine April 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I like that the “lumpiness” (and I mean lumpiness in a good way – I love the look of this hanger!) will make it even more useful for holding clothes! So far I just have one too (and am already enjoying using it!)

7 Kirst April 13, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Absolutely LOVE this one KateO. Grand job.

8 Andrea Hamann April 15, 2011 at 6:46 am

Hey, I really like this too. I’ve always been a timber hanger girl myself – the integrity and strength issues with the wire ones seems more related to handy jobs around the house (car aerial anyone) than to the task for which they were designed. I think your little re-creation jobby here will make all the difference – should be a lot stronger!! (And far more beautiful)

9 Kate April 15, 2011 at 7:11 am

Thanks Andrea! I am happy to report it is doing a fantastic job of hanging x