Wrap Up – Down Under Doll Quilt Swap: Round 2

by Kate on June 15, 2011

Round 2 of the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap has finished and here are a selection of some of the quilts that were created.

Wrap Up - Down Under Doll Quilt Swap Round 2

1. who’s a lucky duck then ?, 2. Untitled, 3. mini on the line, 4. Received! – Down Under Doll Quilt Swap 2, 5. sent away, 6. Downunder Doll Quilt Swap 2, 7. DUDQS4, 8. DUDQfinalbyprosestich, 9. 135/365, 10. DUDQS 2 … finished, 11. modern mini quilt, 12. dudqs from smooche, 13. dudqs for my partner, 14. Doll Quilt Received, 15. DUDQS 2 – Quilt Received, 16. Doll Quilt from Sally (fqnb), 17. DQ received from Made-in-Monty(Leah), 18. Liberty Doll Quilt 2, 19. DUDQS 2011 Completed, 20. boro mini, 21. What do you think Partner?, 22. Snow White for dudqs, 23. DUDQS2 Finished, 24. DUDQS2, 25. Down Under Doll Quilt Swap – Baubles, 26. dudqs, 27. DQS2, 28. Downunder Doll Quilt Swap #2, 29. Slant Doll Quilt – Tutorial, 30. Doll quilt finished!, 31. Doll quilt finished!, 32. DUDQS – Finished

Thanks again to everyone who participated, I hope you had fun!

x

1 Rita June 15, 2011 at 8:05 am

So much goodness there and much inspiration.

Thank you again for organizing such a successful swap! We couldn’t have done it without you. xx

2 Kate June 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

Thanks for playing along Rit!

Did you get yours yet?

x

3 melissa June 15, 2011 at 10:06 am

Thanks Kate, Such a gorgeous collection! (Im hoping mine will be at the PO today)
Thanks for organising such a fun swap!

x

4 Kate June 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

Let me know when it arrives!

5 Kirst June 15, 2011 at 11:42 am

Thanks for organising KateO…it was fun! x

6 sarah June 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Hi Kate,
Thanks for organising the swap. The quality of the quilts produced was very good, so it was really fun to watch it all unfold. I enjoyed receiving a gorgeous little quilt in the post, after wondering which one would be mine! And I very much enjoyed making a little Liberty beauty for my partner.
But, and there is a but… My enjoyment of the process was a little undermined by the fact that my partner didn’t join and participate in the Flickr group. Just a little bit of feedback for next time (if you can see yourself doing it one more time! I would love to participate if you do!). I reckon that if someone wants to participate in the swap, it would be more fun for everyone involved (including everyone in the swap) if they participated in the Flickr group and posted inspiration boards, progress shots and posted about other people’s progress shots as opposed to just making a quilt. It’s the posts on Flickr that create anticipation, and inspiration, and make it so much fun!
Cheers
Sarah

7 Tammi June 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm

What gorgeous eye candy….there are definitely a few stand out pieces that I am instantly drawn to…thanks for sharing.
x

8 Michelle @ the quilted tortoise June 16, 2011 at 7:29 am

I had a blast being a part of this swap! It was my first one and I was so impressed at the quality of the work, the amazing design and how lovely and friendly everyone was. I found new favourite blogs and created one of my own. I too loved the flickr part of this swap and loved looking at the quilts and seeing the comments everyone left. Plus I got such a buzz at the lovely comments left for me. Thanks Kate for organising and doing the boring part of the swap! Thanks to everyone for sharing your quilty worlds with me x

9 Kirsten N June 16, 2011 at 8:02 am

This was my first swap too and it was so much fun !! A lovely group of very talented ladies who were so creative in the making of the quilts. Thank you so much Kate for organising the swap – I am keen to try and join in a few more swaps now:)

10 Kate June 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm

So thrilled you had a good time!

11 Kate June 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Wow, wow, wow!
They are amazing.
You must be super proud of yourself for pulling it all together.
Another wonderful, successful doll’s quilt swap I’d say.

12 Lorraine June 20, 2011 at 5:42 am

I really enjoyed this swap too !!
Loved all the beautiful work & inspiration
thanks again Kate for organising