Dominoes Cushion Tutorial

by Kate on September 19, 2011

I have started thinking about Christmas.

Dominoes Cushion Tutorial

Early I know and crazy when you throw in the interstate move that is happening in under two weeks but it is my favourite time of the year so I like to make the most of it.

The gift-list has started…organised or anal? The jury is still out.

But I will admit that my handmade gift list is small. In my experience there is nothing worse than sitting at the sewing machine on Christmas Eve when you could be getting stuck into the bubbles.

Anyway, this cushion is stupidly easy and quick.

Dominoes Cushion Tutorial

You can find the tutorial here.

* and no…I’m not THAT organised, the cushion was made a little while ago. Christmas sewing has not commenced.

1 Tania September 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I can’t believe you mentioned the ‘C’ word. Before you freaked me out, I was LOVING the look of your cushion.

2 Mel September 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm

OMG love it LOVE it! And I can’t believe it’s only two more weeks till the big move! How’re you feeling about it all? Can’t wait to catch up in the flesh!

ps Holy CRAP I cannot believe I missed out on the news of your trip to Hayman! Man that place is heaven on earth. We had part of our honeymoon there and then went back for a wedding a few years ago but Luca was five weeks old and Sienna was 2.5 so um, kinda a different trip … Hope you had a ball!

3 Bree September 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm

hey now there’s nothing wrong with having started the Christmas making or shopping!
and organised/anal are attractive qualities aren’t they?

well I am just about to start a mega-renovation project which I’m (wishfully)hoping will be done by Christmas.

oh and I am having a baby 2 weeks prior to Christmas!
so I guess I NEED to be organised rather than WANT to be!

4 Martha September 19, 2011 at 4:00 pm

IS it bad that my Christmas knitting has commenced? I have two presents down.

5 Kate September 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Mine has too!

6 Katy September 19, 2011 at 4:20 pm

the Christmas sewing has started over here. Oh yes.

7 Nova September 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm

love this one Kate!
oh! the possibilities… :)
x

8 Kirst September 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Speed craft is the only kind for gifting. This is lovely. x

9 andi September 19, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Organised or anal? A little from column A, a little from column B.
Any chance of a catch up before you leave?
xx

10 karen September 19, 2011 at 8:43 pm

hey, there’s nothing anal about being organised…just wish I could get myself signed up to that club…the cushion is gorgeous btw and will definitely be a much loved gift x

11 katielea September 20, 2011 at 12:31 am

The Christmas sewing has started here. Three gifts are in various stages of completion! So I vote organized rather than anal.

Love that little cushion by the way!

12 anna September 20, 2011 at 1:03 am

love this so much, great colors! I should really plan a simple christmas gifts list, but I’m too lazy right now. :) I’ll be the one at the sewing machine christmas eve, bleh.

13 Christina September 20, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I think moving is enough to induce all sorts of craziness. I have had the occasional fleeting thought about Christmas, but that is as far as it has gotten.

You on the other hand, have made one particularly funky cushion. Love it. :)

14 Cathy September 23, 2011 at 8:42 am

Gorgeous cushion Kate. Im thinking of you as you pack! xo