Kelly Scarf Tutorial

by Kate on September 13, 2011

When Rachel asked me to put together a little crochet tutorial for her Celebrate Colour event, I knew I wanted to do a lite weight scarf.

Kelly Scarf Tutorial

This little number came together really quickly, it is worked from the bottom up and I think it is the perfect weight for either Spring or Autumn.

If you are new to crochet, this one is for you as chain and treble stitch are all you need!

You can find the tutorial here and it has also been ravelled.

1 sandrine September 13, 2011 at 10:37 am

Gorgeous I really like the yarn colour too !x

2 deb September 13, 2011 at 11:14 am

Thanks so much. I’m a beginning crocheter but this looks do-able. Also looks portable, which is what I’m wanting for the warmer months.

3 Lynne September 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I’m a sucker for a lightweight scarf. I love how the color is called “princess phone”. Lovely. Have a great week!

4 Kylie September 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm

That is a fabulous colour and I really like the loose weave of it too.
Great work and thanks for the tutorial too. Just off to Ravelry now :) Kx

5 Seaweed & Raine September 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Hello Colonel Mustard! :)
I really love it. It would look amazing with a dark grey top. Must pop in to Ravelry and have a look :)

6 Jacey September 14, 2011 at 2:35 am

It’s gorgeous! I just love the color, and the open squishiness.

7 anna September 14, 2011 at 5:54 am

loooooove this, now I’m going to have to learn how to crochet, like yesterday!

8 Patricia October 16, 2011 at 2:16 am

hello I love your blog and I’m making this scarf, you can tell me what the final size of your scarf? Thank You soo Much!!

9 Dhilma November 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Hello there! I am really really new to crochet and just learnt the single, double and treble stitches last Monday. Having mastered them I started on your scarf. And I cannot seem to stop doing this! I crochet till midnight, on the way to work, at work, in the toilet too!!! I am obsessed with this project. I have always wanted to learn crochet but have been unable to master it- till last Monday! I know how to knit but now that I have learnt to crochet, I think I love it better! Thak you so much for your great tutoril! It is so easy that I need not have the instructions wherever I go.

One question- how long should the scarf be, from tip of triangle to bottom, to wrap up so elegantly around your neck like in the picture? Thanks!