Stack #2

by Kate on October 19, 2011

Last week, I made my first trip to Calico & Ivy and it won’t be my last.

Sarah has done a wonderful job, the store looks fabulous and stocks an amazing range of contemporary fabrics.

Stack #2

I am shipping the kids out to Mum and Dad’s on the weekend (one of the perks of being back in Sydney) and am hoping to get some sewing done.

1 Kirsty October 19, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’m done with the Sydney thing…come back!

2 Mel October 19, 2011 at 10:46 am

I was literally wondering this morning whether you’d made your way to C&I yet. What a silly question! Of COURSE you had! Jamie is taking the (big) kids to Newcastle for a party on Sunday and you just know I have those hours earmarked for sewing. Making a quilt with that gorgeous stack?

3 Tania October 19, 2011 at 10:49 am

Blimey. I think you might have moved me over to the (Pink) Dark Side.

4 anna October 19, 2011 at 11:01 am

pretty! and yes, so nice to live close to family. :)

5 Kylie October 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh wow, you have me sighing and dreaming looking at these amazing fabrics!
Thanks for the link… I think I’m going to be a regular customer there :) Kx

6 Seaweed & Raine October 19, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Oh yum! Oh yum! Oh yum! That is the most delicious pile of fabric I have seen in a while. Was it expensive? (Relatively speaking). I am REALLY looking forward to see what you are going to do with it! :)
She xo

7 Rita October 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Oh lucky you! Close to Calico and Ivy AND no kids for the weekend. Enjoy! I am sure you deserve a break.

8 Gret October 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm

ooh, I like this stack. Very nice. I have to restrain myself on going to C & I too often. Luckily I’m not very close, so it helps!

9 Suz October 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Oooh! What yummy colours! So fresh and happy! I envy your visit to C&I but its probably just as well I don’t live close! Look forward to seeing what you create! Enjoy your ‘child-free’ sewing time!

10 sweet emmelie October 21, 2011 at 5:14 pm

such beautiful vibrant colours, oh so lucky for owning such beautiful fabric. I haven’t bought fabric for so long because simply I just haven’t sewn but I feel the bug coming back. Did you see my post http://sweetemmelie.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-creative-space-baby-boy-quilt.html . I used your pattern and I loved it. Just need to bind it, Its only been about 3 months waiting.