The unpack

by Kate on October 10, 2011

I always seem to forget what a chore unpacking is, especially when we are squeezing back into our old (and smaller) home but I’m very pleased to report that the job is done.

Surprisingly, the blue glass arrived safe and sound.

the unpack

I scored some great pieces on my final trip to Tyabb and was also gifted some crackers from Kirst and Tam, still a way to go though.

It’s good to be back but to be honest, it feels like we never left. Which is a bit sad.

1 jo @ indigo inspirations October 10, 2011 at 5:07 pm

that collection is stunning….I collect green glass from the 1930′s….xox Jo

2 Kirsty October 10, 2011 at 5:28 pm

The blue looks lovely … I think that’s what “home” does to you. It’s part of what makes it where you belong I think … sob. x

3 Maxabella October 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm

The unpack is SUCH a chore. You seem to be doing very well. I adore your blue glass. x

4 CitricSugar October 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Great pieces! I have a deep and abiding affection for opaque and lighter blue glass…

As for being back, in the weeks to come you will discover subtle differences and small changes that occurred while you were away; those will be the things that remind you that you did, in fact, live away. It might not make you less sad but it will evoke the memory. Nostalgia has a warmth to it that I’ve always found comforting even in the longing.

5 flowerpress October 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I hope the good bits come to outweigh the missing bits soon :-)
(A coffee and cannoli up the road at Papa’s when you’re settled might help, my shout! Are you an inner westie?)

6 Katy October 10, 2011 at 6:48 pm

welcome home, chicken!!!

7 Evelyn October 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Glad you (and your blue glassware) made it home safely :) x

8 Rita October 10, 2011 at 7:20 pm

So very glad to hear you’ve safely arrived back home with family, but ever so glad for your stay in Melb. and to have had the chance to hang out with you! xx

ps Love the blue glass! Stunning pic.

9 shannon October 10, 2011 at 8:49 pm

if you dont feel like you have been anywhere come back to melbourne. simple.

10 Tania October 10, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Cripes that blueness is gobsmackingly beautiful.

(and we won’t let you forget the blue started in Melbourne!)…

11 Christina October 10, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Agh, the unpack is still ahead of us. Any tips?

Loving the blue.

12 Tam October 11, 2011 at 10:03 am

I don’t know how you do it!

Look at all that lovely blue:)

Not only have you unpacked…but blogging too!!

xx Tam

13 Maggie October 11, 2011 at 10:29 am

nice collection. I’m impressed with the speed of your unpacking, we moved in June and technically I suppose we are unpacked, stuff is out of boxes, but not all of it is in a though out spot.

14 Mel October 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Ahh what a lovely collection. Sadly my first thought was, “Wow I’d love to have a shelf/cupboard etc that wasn’t covered in CRAP where I could actually display nice stuff”!! Welcome back lovely! Hope to see you soon x

15 Seaweed & Raine October 12, 2011 at 7:54 am

Welcome back! :) You might feel a bit like you never left, but you have amazing friends and storehouse of memories that testify to you time away… and possibly the way these encounters may have changed you. Have a day filled with sunshine, both in the air and in your heart.
S xo

16 Nova October 12, 2011 at 8:06 am

holy blue glass envy!!! You weren’t kidding were you?! what a stunning collection!

Welcome home x

ps. love the new bespoke button.