Gone Quilting

by Kate on November 23, 2011

All hands on deck at Chez One Flew Over.

Apart from quilting the capsule quilts…husbando came off his bike and broke both his collar bone and shoulder blade.

Needless to say, we have had better weeks.

Gone Quilting..

1 Susan November 23, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Ouch! My husband & I are both keen cyclists who have had our share of ‘accidents’, I know a little of what you are all going through! I hope he mends well and soon! I love the aqua and gold quilt!

2 andi November 23, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Oh no!! Hope J recovers quickly!!!
Your quilt looks gorgeous and I hope the coming weeks are kinder.
Much love xx

3 Tania November 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm

OH. GEEZ.

(no other words but there’s a squinty, wincy, sympathy-type look on my face and for some reason I felt the need to cross my legs even though he only hurt the bits up top).

4 Theresa November 23, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh no….collar bones are nasty. They seem like they’re straightforward because they’re not in plaster but you have to be so careful that they knit properly. I broke mine in grade 4 and I’m paying the price now! Hope he feels better soon.

5 CitricSugar November 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Sending healing thoughts! Broken bones need calcium so pour on the ice cream, frozen yogurt and cheesecake. Or broccoli, if he doesn’t care for dairy. :-)

6 Lara November 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Oh no Kate! I hope he’s comfortable! I swear by Arnica if you can get some… my brother broke his back in 1999 and they told him his recovery would take 3 months… 8 weeks and he was up moving around. My mum made him take arnica tablets each day :)
Quilts are looking fabulous though :) Oh! And I am coming to Sydney on Monday for work! Only overnight mind you!

7 nicke November 23, 2011 at 5:49 pm

i hope he feels better soon. broken bones are no fun, especially when you are older… as in not a child or teenager.

8 Helene November 23, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Ouch! Ouch! and Ouch! Love the quilt. OUCH!

9 leslie November 23, 2011 at 7:11 pm

oh man, SO not what any of you need!!! (quilts are lovely though :)

10 karen November 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Oh no, poor hubby ;-( Hope he recovers quickly…ps LOVE the quilts ;-)

11 Evelyn November 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I’ve seen the pics. He’s the 2nd mate of Ed’s that’s come off in the same weekend! Sending my love x

12 sweet emmelie November 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Ouchy!! Love your quilt, as always GORGEOUS!!! I have photo’s of the finished quilt using your pattern not sure if you have seen them?

13 Sew Create It - Jane November 23, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear about your hubby! Hope he is on the mend soon!

14 Kylie November 23, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Oh no, that’s not good at all (the collarbone I mean!)
Your quilts are looking divine. Hope the Mr heals quickly.
Kx

15 Kirst November 24, 2011 at 9:53 am

Poor JJ & poor nurse Kate too.

The quilts are looking wonderful though. Hope you get a bit of binding time in soon. x

16 Christine Miller-McKinley November 25, 2011 at 12:59 am

Big Ouch to Mr One Flew Over – hope the pain is under control – (For everyone that is!!)

Love reading your blog Kate.

C xo

17 trixi November 26, 2011 at 10:03 am

i love the colours in your quilt…. also those Mr Christian shoes in your earlier post brought back fun memories off going into the Mr Christian store.. those shoes were so amazing!

18 Holly McLean November 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love the blue quilt. So sorry for your husband! There’s nothing worse, I think, than a sick or broken husband.

19 Nanette November 27, 2011 at 10:40 am

hello, poor love! Hope healing gets under way soon. After that we’d love you guys to take a trip down to the Nation’s Great Roundabout for a visit. I’ve also got some blue glasswear I’d like to pass on. xx
PS quits look magnif!

20 jo @ indigo inspirations November 29, 2011 at 7:45 am

oh they are soooo painful….here’s to as quick a recovery as possible. ♥♥