Summer Haze

by Kate on January 3, 2012

Summer Haze

It seems Sydney has finally decided to turn on a bit of Summer weather not that I am getting too excited. The bureau informs us that we are going to experience one of the coldest Summers in 50 years.

We headed down to Coledale, a great spot 50 minutes south of Sydney and given the drive it is always quieter than the city beaches.

Summer Haze

I’m not much of a beach girl but I can certainly see the benefits of living by the sea, our drive home was filled with talk of a sea change…

Summer Haze

1 trixi January 3, 2012 at 11:42 am

Let’s hope the bureau is wrong about that one. I need a sunny summer!

2 Megan Hyatt January 3, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Well the photos look great, and I bet a good time was had by all. However like a large proportion of Sydney I live in the greater west and we had 40′s in spring, I just love these 25C days, you feel invigorated and can get so much done.

3 CitricSugar January 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Odd, we’re having one of our mildest winters here. Friends of my father brought their Australian relatives to the hockey game the other night. I turned to the dad during the intermission and asked, “So, for a lovely summer Christmas family holiday, you come to Canada?” He laughed, and told us of when he visited at 12 years old and -35C. “I’ve never been so cold in my life! This time, it’s lovely.”

The beach looks wonderful. Enjoy it. :-)

4 Kylie January 3, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Fabulous photos Kate! I’m not much of a beach girl either but I can totally relate to wanting to live by the sea. When we lived in London I used to yearn to see the sea… that and to smell freshly cut grass (haha!). I’m loving these fabulously cool days :) Happy New Year! Kx

5 karen January 3, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Happy New year Kate! It’s the sea air that’s the magical bit isn’t it?! Altho I have to say that expanse of beautiful beach is calling me…hope you get lots of sunshine thrown in too x

6 Kirst January 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm

IF you’re considering a move it had better be right back here! Surely a sea change means that all the reasons for moving back to Sydney are void??? Come back here…I’ll fill a clam shell for you…that’ll make it beachy.

7 Nicky Eglinton January 9, 2012 at 12:01 am

I was cold before I looked at your blog – so envious of that sunshine and warmth – it’s brrrrrr here!