The new horizon

by Kate on January 2, 2012

Tin

For me, the start of a new year is all about looking at what has been and what may come.

2011 was a big year.

The start of school for Maddie
The start of daycare for Alfie
Two kid free days to myself
Sad goodbyes – *sob*
An interstate move
A school change for Maddie
Lack of daycare for Alfie and with it my two kid free days
A new job for J
Reconnecting with old friends and having my family close by

So much packed into one year.

After following Kate’s family trip around Australia, I realised that only good things can come from slowing down and savouring the moment a little more.

So if we are talking resoultions, I guess that is mine – slow down and enjoy the ride.

I’ll keep you posted.

Happy New Year!

1 Vic January 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

Sounds like a good plan, I think that’s why I so thoroughly enjoyed 2011; rare stress, not at all rushy, just being in the moment, every moment. Enjoying the nothing as well as the something. I guess “relaxed” would sum it up!

Hope 2012 is slower & sweeter, happy new year!

2 Kate January 2, 2012 at 10:00 am

And a happy new year to you, Vic!

Yes, a lot more ‘smelling of the roses’ needs to happen here x

3 Seaweed & Raine January 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

Happy New Year Kate!
Good motto for the year – slowing down and enjoying the ride (and taking the time to smell the coffee!).
I truelly hope that this year brings amazing new friendships for you – and a deepening of ones that you already have, and may your creative juices continue to flow. :)
Sheree xo

4 darci January 2, 2012 at 11:20 am

hi, what do you know about the metal tin you have pictured here? I have one that is very similar. I have had it since i was a child, and keep my embroidery floss, etc in it

5 Kate January 2, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I picked it up at an Op shop and have no idea it’s history x

6 Sarah Louise January 2, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Love your resolution! I just wrote a very similar post on my own blog! It’s so important to slow down and enjoy life – something I don’t often do. 2012 will be different! :) Happy new year!

7 Michelle @ the quilted tortoise January 2, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Happy New Year Kate! Hope 2012 is a goodie!

8 Cindy January 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I hope that 2012 brings lots of gret things for you and your gorgeous family …. and some child free days too! Glad Maddie has done so well in her first year at school and the settling in has gone well. x

9 Kate January 2, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Wishing you and your family the happiest and sweetest year Kate.
I was just speaking about the irony of driving 20,000km to work out how to slow down and enjoy each other and ourselves. xx

10 Kate January 3, 2012 at 7:56 am

x

11 Christina January 3, 2012 at 9:00 am

Happy New Year Kate! Sounds like the kind of resolution you won’t tire of. :)