*sob*

by Kate on April 18, 2012

I was woken at 5:19am by the loudest smash.

At first, I thought we had been broken in to but with a sinking feeling, I realised the blue glass collection had run into trouble.

I loved those pieces.

They represent many fun filled days on the hunt and some were gifted to me so I guess you could say, I was attached.

Now, I fully realise that in the big scheme of things the decimation of half my collection is not really a big deal – it is not but it still makes me a little sad.

Anyway, at least it was a falling picture that was the culprit and not the cat – he would have been shipped straight to the glue factory ;)

Onwards and upwards and in the words of my husband “Don’t worry, there is plenty of blue glass out there”

*sigh*

Happy Wednesday people x

1 trash April 18, 2012 at 7:32 am

Yes it is ‘only’ blue glass in the BIG scheme of things but bloody hell – half of your collections smashed?! I feel your pain, really I do.

2 Kate April 18, 2012 at 7:33 am

Thanks Lou xx

3 Holly McLean April 18, 2012 at 8:24 am

Oh, that is too bad and must have been scary! I do like the new arrangement though.

4 Kirst April 18, 2012 at 8:47 am

Let’s plan a blue glass day soon… xx

5 Kylie April 18, 2012 at 8:52 am

Hate it when that happens. Will keep my eyes open for some blue numbers for you :) Kx

6 Seaweed & Raine April 18, 2012 at 8:55 am

You’re right – it is only “stuff”… BUT. It’s not just the amount of it that got smashed – it’s the sentimental side of things too. That sucks. Big time. I’m just really glad that it WASN’T a break-in!!! (or the cat! ;) lol)
Hope your day improves – even with all the rain!

7 rachelmp April 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

Oh Kate, what a shame! So pretty and the memories. I hope you find a few new pieces

8 flowerpress April 18, 2012 at 11:09 am

aiiigh!
Oh dear, that’s not fair Kate. At least it wasn’t anyone’s fault.
I’ll be keeping my eye out for blue glass too. A good excuse to get some new pieces :-)

9 Casey April 18, 2012 at 11:11 am

Nooooo! That’s horrid! Though, what better excuse to freshen up the collection ;-)

10 Christina April 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Oh shit. What a shame. You have reminded me of the night we heard a crashing sound in the middle of the night, nearly ten years ago now. We were living in a rented Queenslander and newly engaged. All our lovely Engagement glassware etc. looked so beautiful on this lovely old set of shelves hanging on the wall in the old kitchen. Except they didn’t stay hanging. The insurance cheque wasn’t quite the same as gifts from loved ones. Hope the blue-glass-oppy-gods are on your side. xx

11 Tam April 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I’m liking your outlook. A LOT.

Pity about the cat;)

12 Tania April 18, 2012 at 1:45 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I mean, there’s blue glass and then there’s BLUE GLASS. And your GLASS was definitely BLUE. May the appropriate Finding Treasure Gods shine down upon you. (I shall keep my beady eyes peeled).

13 suzy April 18, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Oh no! I hope some lovely replacement pieces find you soon.

14 Cille April 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Men… they don’t really get it, do they ;)

15 Fleur Cotton April 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Oh no!!

Hope you have a good day after such a bad start.

Happy Wednesday to you too :)
Fleur xx

16 CitricSugar April 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Oooooohhnoooooooooo!

That’s too bad – my inner glass hoarder weeps for you. The bright side is that the cat wasn’t at fault, no one was badly cut (you could’ve been within bouncing shard range), and you have a great excuse to add a fabulous new piece to your collection.

17 Kate April 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Oh Kate.
I have no words.
I’ll keep an eye out. xx

18 Andrea April 20, 2012 at 2:29 pm

perfectly reasonable to feel a little heartbroken. was a beautiful collection. Your husband is right though – there is more blue glass out there. It’s hard to remind yourself it is only an attachment to ‘things’….when you love those things…
Personally, being a lover of all kinds of ‘things’ I find it very hard to detach.

19 Andrea April 20, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Reading over my comment, I realise I make buggerall sense. oops. I blame baby brain.

20 Sew Create It - Jane April 21, 2012 at 1:56 am

What a shame…still strange though that the picture fell so randomly in the middle of the night…

21 Paula April 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Oh, no Kate! Seriously sorry for your loss. I did have to smile at the hubby’s comment though :) Pfftt, just a bit of blue glass.

22 Prahlad September 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I emerge from lurkedom to comiserate (spelling?) with you. We gain so much joy from looking at our special little collections, it hurts so much when they go. You should find a glass-slumping pal and have them melted into a bunch of random splashes to stick to your windows, thats what I do when I lose my pretties, it means you dont lose them, they just metamorphose into something pretty else.

Oh well, your newly added to collection is beautiful too!